Vietnam has a relaxing atmosphere and a peaceful vibe that you can feel even with the constant local chatter and buzzing of scooters on the streets. Locals will welcome you with their genuine smile and interest. It is no wonder why Vietnam is one of the most visited countries in Southeast Asia. Let us take a look at all you need to know when planning a trip there.
The Best Time to Visit
You can plan your visit from February to April, or August to October. The weather is fine, not too cool or too hot. There is also less rain if you visit during these months. If you want to visit Northern Vietnam, you book your travel from October to December. However, plan your travel from January to July if you want to go to Nha Trang and Hue. Southern Vietnam is best visited from November to February.
Pack the Necessary Clothes and Footwear
If you are visiting Hue, prepare to have warm clothes in the evenings because the nights can be chilly. In Da Nang, you need mostly swimwear. Also, bear in mind that the Vietnamese are conservative people. Therefore, stay away from low-cut tops, midriff-baring blouses, and short shorts. You need cotton skirts, shorts, and shirts, which can be longer than mid-thigh.
Opt to bring comfortable sandals, flats, and a good pair of sneakers. Do not forget to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat. You may bring an umbrella to protect you from the sun and the rain. If you are going to the coastal area, bring appropriate beachwear. You can reserve your nice outfits for nights out or special dinner.
For traveling to North Vietnam, you need a scarf, cardigan, or light jumper to cover your shoulders during the cool evenings. However, if it is summer, you can wear jeans and other clothes that will keep you cool.
Important Things to Pack for Vietnam
- Power bank for your gadgets
- Hair products like bobby pins, hairspray, and hair ties
- Medicines for allergy, cold, flu, loose bowel movement, and stomach pain
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Your travel essentials
Packing Tricks and Tips
- Plastic bags and small sandwich bags that you can use to store your dirty clothes and shoes. You can also put your leaky toothpaste tubes, wet swimsuit, and bars of soap.
- Plastic containers where you can place your toiletries to ensure that these items do not leak to your clean clothes. Also, you will find it easier to grab your toiletries. You can have more plastic containers for your gadgets and jewelry.
- Laundry bag for your dirty clothes.
- Air freshener to keep your luggage smelling good even if you mix your soiled clothes, shoes, with your clean stuff.
- Backpack where you can put your essentials when you travel and walk around Vietnam. You can pack a change of clothes, snacks, a water bottle, and sunscreen for your day out. Also, in case you go shopping, you can put all your purchases in it.